Associate Director, Medical Writing (Award-Winning Company)
Title: Associate Director, Medical Writing (Award-Winning Company)
Position Type: Permanent
Join the mission of getting much needed therapies to those who need it most with an award-winning company having won >1000 awards last 10 years.
Brio Resource Group is a search firm committed to providing rare pharmaceutical talent on an executive search basis to the Pharmaceutical, Biopharma, Device and CRO industries. We work on behalf of organizations that value true talent acquisition partners and specialize in supporting emerging companies. Our many years of experience, subject matter expertise, proven search process and genuine passion to deliver rare talent defines Brio.
The AD, Medical Writing is responsible for the supervision and development of the medical writing staff members. Plans and directs medical writing activities to ensure that the department’s services meet customer and internal goals.
We welcome the opportunity to provide a full job description upon resume review.
- Reviews departmental work products for completeness, accuracy, and overall quality; assumes responsibility for quality of department work products.
- Provides line management for staff members: approves courses of action on salary administration, interviewing and selection, terminations, professional development, performance appraisals, job description preparation, and employee counseling. Works with and advises staff on administrative policies and procedures, technical problems, priorities and methods.
- Assists with the development of financial forecasts and provides regular business updates to senior leaders.
- May coordinate large medical writing projects.
- Assists with the preparation of budgets and timelines for medical writing activities and ensures that they are met.
- Tracks and reports on performance regarding revenue, costs, and utilization.
- Tracks, maintains, and reviews project metrics to identify opportunities for continuous improvements and implements such changes.
- Collaborates cross-functionally with internal colleagues to improve efficiency across projects and across the organization.
- Supports business development, including writing proposals, responding to requests for information (RFI), pricing deliverables, attending bid defense meetings, and contributing to contracts and work orders.
- Develops and participates in department training.
- Reviews, approves, creates, and revises standard operating procedures (SOPs), as appropriate.
- Assists with corporate efforts related to medical writing.
- Meets with clients, as necessary, to build relationships, define deliverables and scopes of work, resolve issues, and discuss project status.
- Represents the Medical Writing Department during sponsor and internal audits.
- Bachelor’s degree required with relevant scientific and/or medical knowledge and expertise.
- Experience in a medical writing department with progressive management experience and experience in a contract research organization or pharmaceutical/medical device company.
- Management experience required.
- Extensive knowledge of English grammar required. Knowledge of principles of clinical research, including FDA, EU, ICH regulations and guidelines and ISO standards; excellent communication skills.
- Strong Microsoft Office Suite skills.
How To Apply:
Once you click “APPLY” an appropriate member of our executive recruitment team will review your credentials and respond to arrange an initial interview to review your credentials and career objectives.
We respond to applicants who meet our position requirements, but suggest submitting your resume for future consideration for our expanding list of new opportunities surfacing daily within our Biopharma network. We have a strict honor code at Brio respecting your confidentiality and we only share your information with your consent.
Brio Resource Group, LLC considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, or any other similarly protected status.