Job Title: Director, Plant Controller
Location: San Diego, CA
Brio Resource Group is a Life Sciences Executive Search Firm committed to providing rare talent on an exclusive search basis to the Biopharma, Pharma, Device and CRO industries. We work on behalf of organizations that value true talent acquisition partners and specialize in supporting emerging Biopharma companies offering life-changing therapies. Our many years of experience, subject matter expertise, comprehensive search process and genuine passion to deliver rare talent defines Brio.
As a Controller, you will be responsible for enhancing profitability, providing strategic insights into production costs, driving operational efficiencies, and enhancing profitability as well as closely collaborating cross functionally overseeing financial operations.
- Drive financial decisions, contribute to cash forecasting, liaise with auditors, ensure SOX compliance, and influence inventory decisions
- Manage day-to-day accounting, ensure compliance with reporting requirements, and implement process improvements for accuracy and efficiency
- Monitor and report on KPIs, conduct gross margin analysis for improvement, and collaborate with departments to achieve financial goals
- Develop monthly management accounts with full variance analysis, along with budgets and forecasts for effective management accounting
- Prepare and analyze financial statements, including income statements and balance sheets as well as provide regular analysis to senior management
Position Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree Required, finance or related field
- 6+ years of finance experience within the medical device/pharmaceutical industry
- Demonstrate ability to enhance financial processes for continuous improvement across finance and the general organization along with a strong understanding of financial principles and business operations
- Strong cost accounting experience, coupled with proficiency in financial software
- Proven analytics and problem-solving skills, including the ability to take full ownership of monthly accounts as well as a high level of motivation to push boundaries and create value
- Comfortable liaising with management, leading month-end close meetings, possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills as well as the ability to work collaboratively in cross-functional teams
We welcome the opportunity to provide a full job description upon resume review.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for the above opportunity, simply apply via LinkedIn and include your CV.
We respond to applicants who meet our position requirements, but suggest submitting your resume for future consideration for our expanding list of new opportunities surfacing daily within our Biopharma network. We have a strict honor code at Brio respecting your confidentiality and we only share your information with your consent.
Brio Resource Group, LLC considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, or any other similarly protected status.