Job Title: Senior Facilities Engineer
Location: San Diego, CA
Brio Resource Group is a Life Sciences Executive Search Firm committed to providing rare talent on an exclusive search basis to the Biopharma, Pharma, Device and CRO industries. We work on behalf of organizations that value true talent acquisition partners and specialize in supporting emerging Biopharma companies offering life-changing therapies. Our many years of experience, subject matter expertise, comprehensive search process and genuine passion to deliver rare talent defines Brio.
We work with a range of life sciences organizations across multiple industry disciplines, with one of our strongest portfolio’s in Technical Operations. With US offices strategically located on the East coast (DC Metro) and West coast (San Diego) we connect rare life sciences talent with emerging companies nationwide.
Position Overview: Senior Facilities Engineer
The successful Senior Facilities Engineer will be responsible for providing technical support to Facilities Maintenance, Manufacturing, Automation, Supply Operations, Product Development, and Quality. This position will focus on leading projects for improving and optimizing plant operations through implementation of utility and plant upgrades, capacity expansion, and implementation of new technology. The position requires a passion for data analysis using world class historians and building/utility control systems for investigations into plant operation abnormalities/optimization and failure troubleshooting. This position will be responsible for leading capital facilities improvement projects from concept to implementation. Knowledge of cGMPs and GMP manufacturing is essential.
- Midsize biopharma recognized as an industry leader within their therapeutic area of focus
- Well-positioned with a massive market presence and multiple FDA approvals
- Poised for significant growth offering tremendous career advancement and growth opportunities
- Total compensation to include base salary, annual bonus, equity, as well as matching 401k benefits and wellness perks!
- BS degree in Engineering from an accredited college or university (Chemical/Mechanical/Electrical), or applicable experience.
- 8+ years applicable equipment, plant utility, clean utility, and process system experience with exposure to design and installation.
- 8+ years in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Thorough knowledge of the operation and design of pharmaceutical utilities, with understanding of HVAC systems. Knowledge of WFI and Clean Steam systems is a benefit.
- Thorough knowledge of pharmaceutical support utility systems such as central plant chilled water systems and plant steam.
- Thorough knowledge of cGMP guidelines with experience in generation of controlled documents such as PM and Operation SOPs for equipment and utility systems.
- Experience working with and directing general contractors and sub-contractor trades (e.g. mechanical and electrical).
- Experience in equipment start-up and validation.
We welcome the opportunity to provide a full job description upon resume review.
How to Apply:
In order to be considered for the above opportunity, simply apply via LinkedIn and include your CV. We respond to applicants who meet our position requirements, but suggest submitting your resume for future consideration for our expanding list of new opportunities surfacing daily within our Biopharma network. We have a strict honor code at Brio respecting your confidentiality and we only share your information with your consent. Brio Resource Group, LLC considers all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disabilities, or any other similarly protected status.