As McKinsey & Company notes, “It’s remarkable how much of a productivity kicker an organization gets from top talent. A recent study of more than 600,000 researchers, entertainers, politicians, and athletes found that high performers are 400 percent more productive than average ones.”
The more complex the job, the more essential it is that you hire a high performer. A+ talent is 800% more productive in roles requiring complexity than their lower-performing colleagues.
It comes as no surprise that top BioPharma companies are looking to gain access to the A+ team. They believe that attracting top talent ensures corporate success.
Gain access to A+ talent with these 5 tips
Many BioPharma leaders looking for clinical trial managers talk about attracting A+ to their teams, and you may be part of the hiring team engaged in the discussion. But is it just talk or are you making the changes necessary to bring top performers on board?
To attract the top 5% in the industry, you must:
- Build a brand that attracts top talent. Like attracts like. Top performers want to work in a top-performing environment saturated with like-minded individuals. Be careful not to exaggerate or spin what it’s like to work for your company. Talent today can and will confirm your claims by evaluating reviews at sites like Glassdoor.
- Learn what motivates the A+ players in your world. While many high-performers are motivated by impressive salaries, they are also interested in benefits, career opportunities and extended formal training. Be ready to provide what they’re looking for.
- Turn to technology for help. Technology is far more accurate in a selection based on scanning keywords and phrases than “gut instinct.” Software analysis tools can determine matches between candidates and the companies looking to hire them.
- Recognize A+ players anywhere. Top talent candidates are a few and far between, and you’ve got to know where to recruit them. Many are already employed with your competitors. Be willing to meet candidates in informal settings. You may need the help of a recruiter to bring in passive candidates.
- Send a powerful message with a strong offer. Attracting and hiring A+ talent takes crafting an offer that matches their performance level. When you’ve found the right candidate, offer a highly competitive salary with benefits customized to the candidate’s interests.
Retain the A+ talent you hired
As difficult as it may be to identify, attract and hire A+ talent, keeping them is even more challenging. Onboarding is critical to your success and that of the A+ talent you’ve hired.
If you are wondering who is responsible for that onboarding, you are. So are the other managers and leaders in the company. Attracting but especially retaining high-performing talent in BioPharma takes the combined effort of everyone in the organization.
You’ll be glad you made the effort!
How can we help you?
Are you seeking talent in Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Device or Clinical Research?
We can create a custom recruitment strategy for your organization. I’m Ready to Hire!
Are you considering a new career opportunity?
We can help you land the opportunity that displays your talents and advances your career. Contact Us or Browse Jobs.